- Iowa governor signs “transformational” education bill to turn around the state’s slide into mediocraty.
- New York’s state education commisioner cuts through an impasse between New York City and the teachers’ union, putting more performance based evaluation into place.
- Tea Party groups are organizing against Common Core educational initiative.
- New York City is seeking more LBGTQ parents to serve in the foster care system.
- Tribes say that South Dakota government is failing to live up to a federal law meant ot preserve Native American culture in the foster care system.
- Florida governor signs bill to increase resources for victims of human trafficking and to support the juvenile justice systems overhaul with more money for treatment and diversion.