- Thoai Lu, writing for the National Council on Crime and Delinquency, addresses mental health care and the juvenile justice system.
- A new report by the National Juvenile Defender Center looks at the lack of legal representation for juveniles in Missouri who face criminal charges.
- The Office of Adolescent Health (OAH) will host a webcast on May 2 focused on teen pregnancy. Dr. Robert Blum of Johns Hopkins University’s Bloomberg School of Public Health will be the presenter.
- Over 150 deaths among children under the protection of Georgia’s child protection agency have caused concerns that 2009 legislation to conceal information about child deaths is hampering efforts to hold responsible parties accountable.
- What the United States can learn from Germany about vocational education and young people.