Subject: Education, STEM, Social Services, Community Development, Environment, Environmental Education
"Fluor considers requests for operating, program, capital or endowment support. Priority is given to organizations that feature employee volunteer participation.
Areas of Focus:
Fluor believes education, particularly the disciplines of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), is a foundational component of success in the 21st century. Therefore, Fluor supports higher education and university STEM programs, as well as those benefiting grades K-12 (approximately ages 6 to 18), with particular emphasis on:
- STEM teacher training and professional development
- Middle and high school (approximately ages 12 to 18) STEM programs
While Fluor generally does not provide funding directly to school clubs or events, it does fund selected universities to support engineering programs, scholarships and student association programs.
2) Social Services
As a global company, working in both developed and underdeveloped countries, we recognize how important it is to ensure that people have access to basic needs. To this end, we support organizations that:
- Provide food, such as food banks and meal services charities
- Shelter the homeless, abused and orphans
- Offer prevention programs and emergency services during crises, such as food, shelter and counseling
3) Community and Economic Development
If communities thrive, so do the businesses and residents that work and live there. No doubt, the stability of a community is greatly affected by the condition of its infrastructure and its ability to attract and retain talent. To help ensure this vibrancy is maintained and nurtured, Fluor is committed to supporting programs that:
- Build quality, affordable and energy efficient low-income housing
- Refurbish existing substandard housing and general infrastructure
- Create jobs or develop workforces by providing job training or retraining for adults
- Prepare youth to compete in today’s global economy
- Assist with rebuilding or infrastructure support in case of a natural or man-made disaster
As an engineering and construction company, Fluor is very sensitive to its impact on the environment and the need to ensure its preservation for generations to come. As such, Fluor is committed to responsible stewardship of the environment and supports organizations that protect natural resources and habits through:
- Conservation, restoration and beautification
- Environmental education."
Funder: The Fluor Foundation
Eligibility: Nonprofit 501(c)(3) tax exempt organizations.