- Beating death of 8-yr-old boy leads to a review of California’s child welfare agency.
- Editorial on the death of Gabriel Fernandez from the L.A. Times.
- Op-Ed from William C. Bell, president and CEO of Casey Family Programs, makes the case for early investment in familes.
- Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant links national declines in education performance to the shift towards to working parent families.
- Governors and education directors from nine states meet in Washington, D.C. to discuss childhood literacy challenges.
- U.S. Senate introduces legislation to succeed No Child Left Behind and decrease “micromanagement.”