- The threat to send wayward kids to a county detention home is no longer accurate, perhaps because it is no longer as effective as other remedies.
- SOUTH CAROLINA — New Corrections Department program model for leadership.
- Gov. Jerry Brown and Democratic lawmakers are on a collision course over restoring cuts to California’s safety net, marking a key test of vows to hold the line on state spending.
- CAPE COD — In-home therapy benefits families.
- President Obama says he wants to make quality early education available to every child in America. But a new study shows state funding for pre-kindergarten programs dropped by over a half a billion dollars from 2011 to 2012.
- PENNSYLVANIA — Gov. Christie has set the stage, and Mayor Dana L. Redd has cleared the path for a grand experiment in urban public education that will unfold in Camden.