- “This is a very crucial day in the state of Georgia,” said Gov. Nathan Deal Thursday at the Elbert Shaw Regional Youth Detention Center, where he signed into a massive reform package that rewrites the state’s juvenile code.
- ARIZONA — Juvenile justice system shifts rehabilitation methods.
- Critics questions Common Core education standards at St. Louis County meeting.
- NORTH CAROLINA — State Board of Education sets standards for college and career diplomas.
- Colorado child protection workers made significant efforts in 2012 to identify more cases of child abuse and neglect, but routine lapses in communication and failures to accurately complete risk and safety assessments continue to affect how county departments handle maltreatment cases, according to a report released this week.
- WISCONSIN — Gov. Scott Walker’s cuts to child care are foolish.