What We Do and Who We Are
Youth Today is the only independent, national and digital media publication that is read by thousands of professionals in the youth service field.
Youth Today adheres to high-quality journalistic standards, providing readers with professional news coverage dedicated to examining a wide spectrum of complex issues in the youth services industry from diversity to community-based youth work.
For more than 30 years, Youth Today has offered youth service professionals, policymakers, advocates and funders in youth services the latest news, information, grants, reports, professional development and research in the youth services field.
What We Offer
Some of the topics Youth Today covers include:
- Youth development
- Juvenile justice
- Gang and violence prevention
- Adolescent health
- Teen pregnancy, sex and parenting
- After-school programs and mentoring
- Job training and school-to-work
- Evidence-based best practices
- And much more
Youth Today is full of resources including:
- Current grants available with contact information for foundations interested in youth development issues
- Listings of recent grant awards to youth-serving organizations
- Newly published industry reports with analysis of groundbreaking research in the youth services field
- Coverage of federal and state legislative issues concerning youth
- Book reviews covering a wide range of topics about youth, people working with youth and youth programs
- An OST Hub with extensive, well-organized downloadable resources for Out-of-School-Time programs and professionals
Who Supports Us
Youth Today Funders
Youth Today relies not only on your subscriptions but also on the generous support of the foundations that award operating and project grants to Youth Today. Some grants do support specific areas of coverage, such as health and higher education. However, these grants are awarded with the understanding that the funding does not affect which programs we cover or what we report about them.
You can see the complete list of foundations that support Youth Today here.