Youth Today is the only independent, national, and digital media publication that is read by thousands of professionals in the youth service field.
Youth Today adheres to high-quality journalistic standards, providing readers with professional news coverage dedicated to examining a wide spectrum of complex issues in the youth services industry from diversity to community-based youth work.
For more than 25 years, Youth Today has offered youth service professionals, policymakers, advocates and funders in youth services with the latest news, information, grants, reports, professional development and research in the youth services field.
Some of the issues Youth Today covers include:
- Youth development
- Juvenile justice
- Gang and violence prevention
- Adolescent health
- Teen pregnancy, sex, and parenting
- After-school programs and mentoring
- Job training and school-to-work
- Evidence-based best practices
Youth Today is full of resources including:
- Contact information for foundations interested in youth development issues
- Listings of recent grant awards to youth-serving organizations
- Analysis of groundbreaking research in the youth services field
- Coverage of federal and state legislative issues concerning youth
- Book, industry report and video reviews
- An OST Hub with extensive, well-organized downloadable resource for Out-of-School-Time programs and professionals
- Calendar postings of workshops and conferences related to professional development, youth issues and youth work
Youth Today relies not only on your subscriptions but also on the generous support of the foundations below. Their grants are awarded with the understanding that the funding does not affect programs we cover or what we report about them. Some grants support specific areas of coverage, such as health and higher education.
- Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
- Harnisch Foundation
- Park Foundation
- Robert Bowne Foundation
- Tow Foundation
- Wallace Foundation