Subject: Health, Physical Activity, Child Welfare, Youth Development
Deadline: Oct. 1, 2016
"The Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) developed the Kids Run the Nation Fund to assists running clubs, events, and schools that are interested in implementing or currently have a youth running program.
- The running program should be more than just a one time event. It should be a structured running program that ideally utilizes the RRCA youth running materials. The goal of the program is to have kids running regularly, at least once a week for multiple weeks, as opposed to participating in a single event. However, the program may culminate in participation at a kid's race.
- The program may be a start-up program or a pre-existing program.
- The program should not be gender specific but open for both girls and boys. The program may not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnic origin, or economic status. The program may outline age groups and may place a minimum and maximum age for participation.
- The program may focus on participation or may emphasize competition or a combination of both.
- The running program has adopted policies and procedures that ensure the safety of the participants and outlines expectations of the program leaders including submitting to criminal background checks."
Funder: Road Runners Club of America (RRCA)
Eligibility: "Running clubs, events, or other organizations with the IRS 501(c)(3) designation are eligible to apply. Elementary and middle schools that provide an organized after-school running programs are eligible as well. All applicants must be an official 501(c)(3), school, parent booster club, PTA, or a similar entity."
Amount: $500 - $1,000