Subject: Environmental Education, Education, Youth Development, Civic Engagement
Deadline: Jan 15, 2016
NOTE: Geographic eligibility limited to Pennsylvania, Delaware, West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
"The Chesapeake Bay Trust Mini Grant Program was established to provide accessible funds to schools, organizations, and agencies for pre-K-12 Environmental Education to educate students about their local watersheds and how they can become environmental stewards and make a difference in watershed health. To accomplish this goal the program supports meaningful outdoor learning experiences around a watershed issue investigation including field trips, fieldwork, student-led action projects and schoolyard habitat projects as well as building teacher capacity to implement environmental education including professional development trainings and programs to advance environmental literacy in the Chesapeake Bay region."
This program funds: "Meaningful outdoor learning experiences around a watershed issue investigation including field trips, fieldwork, student-led action projects, schoolyard habitat projects as well as teacher professional development trainings and programs to advance environmental literacy."
Funder: The Chesapeake Bay Trust in partnership with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
Eligibility: "The Trust welcomes requests from the following organizations:
- 501(c)3 Private Non-profit Organizations
- Faith-based Organizations
- Community Associations
- Service, Youth, and Civic Groups
- Municipal, County, Regional, State, Federal Public Agencies
- Soil/Water Conservation Districts & Resource Conservation and Development Councils
- Forestry Boards & Tributary Teams
- Public and Independent Primary, Intermediate, and Secondary Schools
- Public and Independent Higher Educational Institutions."
Amount: Up to $5,000.