Subject: Education, Education Research
Deadline: Nov. 4, 2016
"The purpose of this grant is to support and encourage classroom-based research in pre-college mathematics education in collaboration with college or university mathematics educators. For 2017-18, grants with a maximum of $6,000 each will be awarded to mathematics educators or classroom teachers* currently teaching mathematics at the grades Pre-K-6 level. The research must be a collaborative effort involving a college or university mathematics educator (a mathematics education researcher or a teacher of mathematics learning, teaching, or curriculum) and one or more grades Pre-K-6 classroom teachers. The proposal may include, but is not restricted to, research on the following topics:
• Curriculum development and implementation
• Involvement of at-risk or minority students
• Students' thinking about a particular mathematics concept or set of concepts
• Connection of mathematics to other disciplines
• Focused learning and teaching of mathematics with embedded use of technology (any acquisition of equipment must support the proposed plan but not be the primary focus of the grant)
• Innovative assessment or evaluation strategies."
Funder: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
Eligibility: "The applicant must be either (1) a college or university mathematics educator who is a Full Individual or E-Member of NCTM (on or before October 14, 2016) or (2) a teacher (a) with a Full Individual or E-Member of NCTM (on or before October 14, 2016) or (b) who teaches at a school having a current (on or before October 14, 2016) NCTM Pre-K-8 school membership."
Amount: Up to $6,000