Subject: Community Development, Youth Welfare, Health
Deadline: May 31, 2016
"We believe a healthy city/county is economically competitive, inclusive and equitable. That's why we're calling on cities and counties across the country to join the Healthiest Cities & Counties Challenge. The Challenge is a partnership between the Aetna Foundation, the American Public Health Association and the National Association of Counties and administered by CEOs For Cities. The partnership empowers small to mid-size U.S. cities and counties to create a positive health impact. We're awarding more than $1.5 million in prizes to cities, counties and federally recognized tribes most able to show measurable changes in health and wellness over the next several years. Healthy Cities and Counties:
- Promote healthy behaviors.
- Focus on community safety.
- Provide abundant space where people can work, live and play.
- Enable people to have enjoyable social experiences, and ample work.
- Are clear of pollutants and provide communities with access to healthy food and clean water."
Funder: The Aetna Foundation
Eligibility: Cities, counties, federally recognized tribes.