Subject: After-school, Research, Youth Development, Education, Safety
Deadline: Nov. 14, 2014
"The grant has the following goals:
- Generate and disseminate research about organizations serving youth during the out-of-school hours;
- Build a network of scholars studying organizations serving youth during the out-of-school hours; and
- Contribute to basic knowledge and the improvement of practice and policy in the area of youth programs during the out-of-school hours."
Two grants in the amount of $25,000 each will be awarded to support either
- Original empirical research in or about youth programs during the non-school hours; Or
- Research syntheses or policy analyses of youth programs.
New Grant focus for 2015 – Language and Literacy in the Out-of-School Time:
- Studies of reading and writing in the OST setting.
- Studies of integrating language and literacy with other practices in the OST Setting (e.g., the arts, media and technology, Career and Technology Education).
- Studies of emerging language and literacy development (early elementary grades) in the OST setting
- Studies of English language learning (EL) in the OST setting."
Funder: The Robert Bowne Foundation and the National Institute on Out-of-School Time
Eligibility: "Applicants must be affiliated with a university or other not-for-profit IRS 501(c)(3) organization."