Subject: Community Development, Environmental Education, Health, Civic Engagement
Deadline: Dec. 10, 2014
"Wells Fargo and the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF) seek to promote sustainable communities through Environmental Solutions for Communities by supporting highly-visible projects that link economic development and community well-being to the stewardship and health of the environment. Approximately $2,500,000 is available nationwide for 2015 projects.
Collectively, investments under this initiative will promote a sustainable future for communities by:
- Supporting sustainable agricultural practices and private lands stewardship;
- Conserving critical land and water resources and improving local water quality;
- Restoring and managing natural habitat, species and ecosystems that are important to community livelihoods;
- Facilitating investments in green infrastructure, renewable energy and energy efficiency; and
- Encouraging broad-based citizen and targeted youth participation in project implementation."
Funder: Wells Fargo and the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF)
Eligibility: "Eligible applicants include non-profit 501(c) organizations, state government agencies, local governments, municipal governments, Indian tribes, educational institutions."
Amount: $25,000 - $100,000