Corps Foundation Annual Awards
By: The Corps Foundation
Contact: Sarah Stankorb (202) 737-6272, email@example.com, http://www.corpsnetwork.org.
Syd Howe Lifetime Achievement Award
Winner: Bill Treanor, executive director and publisher of Youth Today, for his support of positive youth development, his focus on reconnecting young men and women to opportunities for achievement and success and his commitment to Service and Conservation Corps.
Projects of the Year
• Environmental Conservation Award: Mile High Youth Corps, Denver, and American YouthWorks, Austin, Texas.
• Leadership Development and Civic Engagement Award, EOC/Fresno Local Conservation Corps, Fresno, Calif.
• Public Lands Service Corps Projects Award, Canyon County Youth Corps, Monticello, Utah.
• Pathways to Achievement: Post-Secondary Training and Credentialing Partnerships Award, Conservation Corps North Bay, Marin and Sonoma counties, Calif.
• American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Projects Award, Southwest Conservation Corps, Durango, Colo.
Corpsmembers of the Year
For: Exceptional youth who have delivered valued contributions to their communities through service and demonstrated qualities of corpsmember-like character.
Winners: William Brandt of Urban Corps of San Diego; Corey Brown of Mile High Youth Corps, Denver; Shanice Long of Civicorps, Oakland, Calif.; Alejandro Lopez of EOC/Fresno Local Conservation Corps, Fresno, Calif.; Alisha Peters of WSOS Quilter Conservation Corps, Fremont, Ohio; and Quintin Williams of the Utah Conservation Corps, Logan.
Peoples Choice Best Nonprofit to Work For
For: Nonprofit organizations that provide high-quality work environments for people in professions that help to change the world.
By: Opportunity Knocks.
Winners Include: McCullum Youth Court, Oakland County, Calif.; Girls for a Change, San Jose, Calif.; Year Up, Boston, Mass.
Contact: Opportunity Knocks (888) 656-6257, http://opportunityknocks.org.