This category of the OST Hub Language & Literacy topic covers language learning activities during the Out-of-School Time (OST). Within the Language Learning in the OST Setting category are sections that provide information and materials you can use to introduce new language learning activities in your OST program or help further develop and enhance your current program.
For researchers and policymakers, this category’s sections provide information that will offer perspective on the larger OST program issues and help contextualize language learning practices and programs in the OST setting.
This topic category of the OST Hub is divided into the following sections. Each section provides free materials and resources to download on a range of literacy topics and approaches to incorporating language learning in OST programs.
- Articles & Research contains key and current research on the topic of providing language learning in OST.
- Resources provides program materials that have been generated by the field, such as curricula, lesson plans and handouts.
- Program Examples includes case studies and video clips of actual OST programs providing language learning activities.
- Professional Development provides professional learning opportunities through webinars and other offerings.
- OST Field Notes provides photo essays, blogs, and other types of writing by practitioners about their experiences providing language learning for children and youth.