Subject: Youth Welfare, Health, Sexual Activity, STDs
Deadline: Apr. 1, 2017
"In accordance with the Healthy People 2020 Goals for the nation, this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) focuses on reducing the proportion of adolescents and young adults with Chlamydia trachomatis infections, reducing Chlamydia rates among females aged 15-44 years, reducing gonorrhea rates, reducing sustained domestic transmission of primary and secondary syphilis, congenital syphilis, GC incidence, and reducing the proportion of young adults with genital herpes infection due to herpes simplex type 2. The new FOA provides support in five focus areas. These focus areas are:
- Implementation of community engagement methods (e.g. community-based participatory research) to achieve health equity;
- Identification and implementation of systems and environmental change strategies that (a) promote sexual health and support healthy behaviors and (b) facilitate community-clinical linkages to build support for interventions to prevent and reduce STI disparities;
- Enhancement and sustainability of partnerships;
- Support for communication strategies to promote STD program successes and leverage additional resources for STI control and prevention; and
- Evaluation of the efficacy of this approach and intervention implementation."
Funder: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Eligibility: Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, community-based organizations, small businesses, for profit organizations other than small businesses, public and state controlled institutions of higher education, private institutions of higher education, independent school districts, city or township governments, special district governments, county governments, state governments, public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities, Native American tribal governments (federally recognized), Native American tribal organizations (other than federally recognized tribal governments), faith-based organizations, others.
Amount: $250,000 - $312,500