Subject: Environmental Education, Civic Engagement, Youth Development
Deadline: Jan. 31, 2016
"Grants are made for activities that conform to the mission of the Captain Planet Foundation and MUST have all three of the following to be considered for funding:
- Be project-based;
- Projects must be performed by youth; and
- Projects must have real environmental outcomes.
Grants from the Captain Planet Foundation are intended to:
- Provide hands-on environmental stewardship opportunities for youth;
- Serve as a catalyst to getting environment-based education in schools;
- Inspire youth and communities to participate in community service through environmental stewardship activities."
Funder: The Captain Planet Foundation
Eligibility: "All applicant organizations or sponsoring agencies must be exempt from federal taxation under the Internal Revenue Code Section 501, in order to be eligible for funding (this includes most schools and non-profit organizations)."
Amount: $500 - $2,500