Subject: Education, Math Education, Research
Deadline: Nov. 4, 2016
"The purpose of this grant is to support and encourage classroom-based research in precollege mathematics education in collaboration with college or university mathematics educators. For 2017-18 grants with a maximum of $6,000 each will be awarded to mathematics educators or classroom teachers currently teaching mathematics at the grades 7-12 level. The research must be a collaborative effort involving a college or university mathematics educator (a mathematics education researcher or a teacher of mathematics learning, teaching, or curriculum) and one or more grades 7-12 classroom teachers (individuals who spend half or more of their work time teaching in the classroom). The proposal may include, but is not restricted to, research on the following topics:
• Curriculum development and implementation
• Involvement of at-risk or minority students
• Students' thinking about a particular mathematics concept or set of concepts
• Connection of mathematics to other disciplines
• Focused learning and teaching of mathematics with embedded use of technology (any acquisition of equipment must support the proposed plan but not be the primary focus of the grant)
• Innovative assessment or evaluation strategies."
Funder: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
Eligibility: "The applicant must be a current (on or before October 14, 2016) Full Individual or E-Member of NCTM , if a 9-12 teacher, or one who teaches at a college or university. 7th or 8th grade teacher applicant may be a current (on or before October 14, 2016) Full Individual or E-Member of NCTM or teach at a school having a current (on or before October 14, 2016) NCTM Pre-K-8 school membership."
Amount: Up to $6,000