Subject: Child Welfare, Health, Nutrition
"Share Our Strength awards grants to nonprofit organizations, schools, and other eligible organizations who are involved in the following activities:
- Increasing access to summer meals programs supported through the Summer Food Service Program or the National School Lunch "Seamless Summer" Program.
- Educating and enrolling more eligible families in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program.
- Increasing the availability of school breakfast through alternative models such as “in-classroom” breakfast and “grab-n-go” breakfasts.
- Increasing access to afterschool snack and meal programs, as well as child care programs, supported through the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
- Advocacy around any of the above anti-hunger issues."
Funder: Share Our Strength
Eligibility: Nonprofits, schools, others.