Subject: Community Development, Youth Development, Child Welfare, Health, Physical Activity
Deadline: Oct. 9, 2014
"Dr Pepper Snapple & KaBOOM! are excited to offer $15,000 grants to qualifying U.S.-based organizations to be used toward the purchase of playground equipment that will be built using the KaBOOM! community-build model.
- Own land or have permission to build.
- Spend $24,000 to $40,000 on playground equipment (not including surfacing, site prep, freight, contractor fees, benches, and other non-playground equipment items).
- Work with a KaBOOM! Preferred Vendor (BCI Burke, Landscape Structures, Playworld Systems or Miracle Recreation).
- Use the KaBOOM! community-build model to plan and build the playground.
- Finish project within 12 months of award.
- Serve a low-income population.
- Demonstrate a strong need for a new playspace in the community."
Funder: Dr Pepper Snapple & KaBOOM!
Eligibility: "Municipalities and child-serving nonprofit organizations without a playground or with existing equipment that is unsafe for children are eligible for this opportunity."