Subject: Arts, Education, Environment, Health, and Social Services | Deadline: Sept. 1, 2014 and Dec. 1, 2014
"Our projects provide high potential nonprofits in the Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. metro areas with the tools and services you need to strengthen your organizations and serve your communities. We guarantee that our teams deliver excellent services, customized to meet your specific objectives and help you advance your mission. Grants focus areas are:
- ARTS — Providing leadership or education in the art community, while making the arts more accessible to everyone.
- EDUCATION — Strengthening our public education (pre-K and K-12) system or enhancing the educational success of students.
- ENVIRONMENT — Preserving and restoring our environment or caring for animal welfare.
- HEALTH — Improving people's physical or emotional health.
- SOCIAL SERVICES — Providing social services to those who have been unable to participate fully in the social and economic life of the community. Services usually target children and families, employment and training, the elderly, immigrants, the disabled, housing and homelessness or foster and adoption services."
Funder: The Taproot Foundation
Eligibility: Nonprofits located within the metro areas of Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Washington D.C., and the San Francisco Bay Area.